Today… just released… the all new 2013 Loftsails Racing Blade… check out the video and specs below… we’re sure this year you will see it up ahead in the pack….
Racing Blade - Pure competition - speed&slalom
SIZES: 4.9 5.6 6.3 7.0 7.8 8.6 9.2 9.6
Loftsails Racing Blade designs enjoy a long history of competition success… Spindler-designed Blades have claimed 3 absolute World Speed Records*, Speedsailing World Cup Championships in 2008 & 2009**, PWA slalom victory in 2010** and 3rd mens slalom PWA 2011 (Ben Van Der Steen).
The new 2013 version of the Racing Blade design is designed & built specifically for ultra-competitive racing- slalom and speed.
Racing Blades 2013 include The Loft’s exclusive Internal Batten Tensioner System (ITS): This exclusive Racing Blade feature results in a lighter, smoother, more aerodynamically reactive leech. The ITS moves tensioning assemblies forward- behind the mast for improved rig inertia.
Racing Blade designs are unique:
- X Core upper body panels.
- NEW !! Leech Tuning System: A critical area of competitive slalom racing designs is the rig's upper leech. This area is the rig's exhaust, similar to the engine exhaust of racing cars and motorcycles. Loftsails LTS is two additional intermediate horizontal seams between the upper battens. These intermediates allow Racing Blade upper leech fine tuning- optimizing leech release. LTS makes the most of your exhaust - gently extracting power over the entire leech from clew to head. Feel the result on the water- Racing Blades are race winning performance "out of the box". Loftsails Exclusif !!
- ITS Internal Batten Tensioning System: top 3 all-carb tube battens with the batten tensioners located at the front, behind the mast: weight optimization for extreme leech response.
- Internal Kevlar strip applications define shape profiles and maintain stability. Both vertical and horizontal (at cams) orientation.
- Racing Blade mast pocket construction: mast panel and SUPERX mast pocket sides (3 layers) are tensioned directly (under eyelet): downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket, resulting in the Racing Blades’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge.
- Alternate side batten pocket applications with xply pockets (centered battens).
- Sensitip head batten system.
- Teckams: simple, functional, light, adjustable, durable. Sdm & Rdm compatibility. 4 Teckams with all Racing Blade sizes.
- Metallic cam interfaces.
- Racing Blade sizes 4.9 – 8.5: 7 battens plus Sensitip. Racing Blade 9.5 8 battens plus Sensitip.
- All Racing Blades are engineered with “Super tubes”; 100% carbon battens in specific locations.